Managing Director - Energy and Natural Resources, Standard Chartered Bank
Ade Adeola has responsibility for leading Standard Chartered Bank’s Energy & Natural Resources business for EMEA with a focus on providing solutions for clients across the energy value chain using multiple products. Prior to this role, Ade had functioned as Executive Director – Wholesale Bank/Head Origination & Client Coverage- Nigeria where he was accountable for WB business development and governance, as well as Country MANCO co-leadership as head of business. He was previously Global Head, Oil & Gas Project Finance and Head, Project & Export Finance, Africa. He has successfully led the origination and execution of financial advisory, M & A, capital structure and treasury solutions covering project financings, pre-export finance corporate-hybrids, and mezzanine financings for Oil & Gas and infrastructure projects globally. Ade has cross-functional experience in Commercial banking, Treasury and Investment banking.
He began his banking career with OBN Limited a subsidiary of Middle East Bank Dubai UAE in 1987. In 1999, he joined Standard Chartered Bank and has functioned in commercial and investment banking roles in multiple geographies. He has over 30 years of core banking experience with over 20 years track record of success in governance and business leadership roles in emerging markets. He has a Bachelor of Science from the University of Benin and an MBA from Cass Business School, City University London. He is a fellow of the Energy Institute.
Ade enjoys originating and providing leadership to complex transactions and has led several landmark transactions for energy and infrastructure globally helping sponsors to raise funding across the capital structure. Selected transaction credentials are provided below:
Selected Transaction Credentials and Track Record:
- Financial Advisor for Shell , Chevron and XOM JV Africa financing programs
- Financial Advisor for multiple independents/junior Oil & Gas coys on M& A and financing
- Financial Advisor and Structuring Bank for Kosmos Energy Jubilee financing
- Mandated Lead Arranger/ECA Bank for Sakhalin Energy LNG financing
- Financial Advisor for Oando plc acquisition of Shell and ConocoPhillips assets
- Financial Advisor for ExxonMobil NNPC/NGL II Financing Program
- Financial Advisor for NNPC/Exxon Satellite oilfields financing program
- Financial Advisor for AES Kribi Power Development Corp 216MW
- Financial Advisor for NLNG financing program
- Structuring Bank for Kenya Electricity Generating Capex Expansion Bond
- Financial Advisor & Global Coordinator for NNPC Pre-Export Finance facility
Ade is an industry thought leader invited regularly as a speaker and trainer on emerging markets financing to international conferences and fora across Europe, Middle East and Africa. This includes; Euromoney Seminars on Infrastructure & Energy, The Banker (Financial Times) Africa Investment Forum, Commonwealth Business Council, The Law Society of England & Wales, Gulf of Guinea and Nigeria Oil & Gas conferences, The Oxford Business School, Cass Business School etc. This provides him with opportunity to share ideas on financing in emerging markets with key market players and to mentor young professionals. He has also served on public-private partnership committees including Presidential Committee on Port Reforms- Nigeria, Nigeria-British Consultative Process and has functioned as a resource person on International Trade to Trade Partners UK.