What is World Energy Capital Assembly?
The event started as a simple idea in 2009: Let’s connect energy investors and finance professionals with the whole industry. It seemed to resonate. World Energy Capital Assembly has grown to the anchor event on the industry calendar.
World Energy Capital Assembly provides unrivalled access to what is now the world largest global network of senior executives from across the energy, finance and investment worlds. With over 1000 members joining us in 2018 from more than 40 countries, we explore the financial trends, science and digital technologies transforming our industry.
Under the theme “Creating a Better Industry”, World Energy Capital Assembly will be held 4 – 5 December at the Hilton Park. Expect to find insight into the resurgence for oil and gas investment opportunities, as well as reviewing deals done and E&P activity across the year. Hear inspirational discussions around new energies/renewables, digitalisation and the energy convergence. A new format and venue will enable increased customisation of content and more time for you to network with those that matter to you at one of our networking breaks, pre-arranged one-to-one meetings, private dinners and drinks receptions.
Closing two packed days, the largest energy Awards Dinner in Europe offers the ideal setting for networking with contacts old and new, whilst celebrating the industry’s achievements in the most glamorous of settings
What is on at the conference?
Tuesday 4th December Fueling the present – the ‘power’ of now
Tuesday 4th December
Fuelling the present – the ‘power’ of now
Exploration and Production
- Current investment levels, demand and supply analysis
- Regional strategies and business potential (Europe, Africa, South America and Asia)
- Investors appetite – where are the hot spots?
- NOCs and SOEs – building for a new future
- Industry Strategy for LNG Market Development
- How can Europe take advantage of becoming a “clearing house” for surplus LNG cargoes?
- Gas-to-Power and Energy Infrastructure projects in emerging markets
- Supply dynamics; Buyer, Supplier & Trader Perspectives
- Smart gas and the emerging role in a decarbonised economy
The future of energy investment – fundraising and deal sourcing
- Renewed fundraising by energy funds – what are the current investment opportunities?
- Which investors are returning beyond private equity?
- Do LPs see long-term investment opportunities once again?
Wednesday 5th December
Digitalisation, Disruption and Decay – what does the future energy business look like?
Energy Transition – tackling the convergence conundrum
- What are the strategies that will allow the industry to transition to a low-carbon future?
- Convergence/Transition and emerging policy issues as investments increase
- Simplification, automation, intelligence: driving change across O&G legacy operations
- Where to prioritise investment, time and resources to succeed in the energy transition?
- Leading change: the qualities and expectations on today’s technology leaders
Resource efficiency and renewable energy in a subsidy free world
- The economics of different generation technologies – update on cost reductions in electricity from solar and wind
- Future auction trends – where is the smart money investing?
- Trends relating to capital raising, cash flow, risk and predictable returns
- Deal pipelines and government policy around the world
- Offshore wind focus – the role the UK can play in being an industry leader
Digital Transformation – the science and technology behind a step change in performance
- Applications of digital technologies that can add value to E&P
- Collection, analysis and storage of data across the value chain
- Smart oil and Gas field integration
- Adoption of IoT, data platforms
- Building partnerships and digital ecosystems – embedding in business strategy to ensure practical application in the field
- Machine learning and predictive analytics for tomorrow’s energy business
- Getting the foundations right: digital skills, governance, open architecture to overcome complex problems
A Glance at 2018
2017 Success Stories
“World Oil & Gas Week goes from strength to stength. The quality of the sessions and the networking opportunities are almost second to none. The Awards Dinner is always one of the highlights of the season!”Stuart Cooper
“Alex Bell and Simon Hoare made my first speaking engagement simply a delight, they are both attentive, helpful and articulate processes with utter professionalism that I have not seen anywhere. Thank you Oil and Gas council for the opportunity to participate in such excellence.”Clement Aghayere
“Great networking as ever. Plenty of time devoted to the social aspect of what we do in addition to a quality line-up of sessions and presenters. Very much on point and fantastic organisation.”Tim Eastmond
Content from the recent World Oil & Gas Week (5-6 December 2017, London, UK)
Content from the recent World Oil & Gas Week in London (5-6 December 2017)
“Oil & Gas Council has done a great job again in gathering a large number of people involved in the industry from very different perspectives, I understand it’s a record turnout which is a fantastic achievement and I look forward to being back next year.”Tony Hayward
“Oil & Gas Council provides an excellent venue to catch up with old friends and meet new ones in the industry while we discuss the state of the industry and opportunities for the future.”Nawaf Saud Nasir Al-Sabah
“World Oil & Gas Week has firmly established itself in the London calendar. It has developed into a key event fostering exchange on industry trends and networking across the broader oil and gas community. An important aspect at times when the industry is trying to adapt to a new reality!”Martin Bachmann
We welcomed over 100 speakers in 2017
2017 Lead Sponsors
If you are interested in sponsoring the 2018 edition, please contact Amir Shirkhan
2017 World Oil & Gas Week Montage
There are preferential rates at the InterContinental London, 02 for accommodation during World Oil and Gas Week Assembly (Sunday 3rd – Tuesday 5th December). To book your accommodation and benefit from the discount, please book through this link – https://www.intercontinental.com/ There are limited rooms available please ensure you make your booking early.
Hilton on Park Lane
22 Park Ln
EVP & Head, Corporate Development
+44 20 7384 8058