Oil & Gas Council is the most senior and influential network of O&G executives in the world. We connect O&G executives, and in turn their companies, to each other and to their partners in the finance and investment worlds. We focus on the business dynamics of O&G; the pioneers, partnerships, capital, transactions, joint ventures and capex that determine the future direction of the industry and shape tomorrow’s energy landscape. We bring these executives together to facilitate new investment, encourage business development, showcase excellence and promote thought leadership.
We are looking to recruit a Sponsorship Sales Executive to sell ‘sponsorship packages’ to our events world-wide.
- Your primary job function is to sell a range of ‘partnership/sponsorship packages’ (including event sponsorship, multi-event sponsorship, bundles of delegation tickets, online advertising, exhibition booths, thought leadership packages and branding solutions) to existing Oil & Gas Council clients and new business prospects to attend and be involved in Oil & Gas Council events. Additionally you must be able:
- To research new leads and follow up existing leads
- To maximise sales time by targeting effectively the correct clients, their role and their companies
- To generate maximum revenue on any event you are selling on
- To work within a team environment towards team goals
- To meet or exceed personal targets, revenue targets and call time rates
- To meet or succeed yearly and monthly revenue targets by selling consistently to all possible targets; repeat delegates, new clients and prospects.
- To convince the prospect of the benefits of sponsoring our events
- To exchange information and give necessary feedback as and when needed by colleagues in different department at the office
- To make at least 30 calls per day on average over a week – the role requires significant time on the phone to contact clients and prospects.
- To meet clients face-to-face in meetings arranged by you to present and sell sponsorship opportunities and packages
- To complete accurately and send the weekly sales report sheet to your line manager
- To sell on whichever event as necessity demands as directed by your line manager
- To be able to work extra hours as and when required
- To ensure that business conduct reflects an enthusiastic and efficient image of the department
- You will be present at certain events – both industry events and Oil & Gas Council events – to network with clients directly face-to-face
- To sell sponsorship packages primarily for meetings in Asia (meetings in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Beijing) but also selling Asian customers/clientele sponsorship packages to events outside of Asia in the Oil & Gas Council’s wider calendar of events; including events in London and Paris.
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience – Necessary:
- Previous work in sponsorship sales, delegates sales and/or account management based sales
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate fluency in both written and spoken English
- Excels in face-to-face selling, presenting products and their benefits to clients
- Confident of generating new business leads from cold calling, personal research and industry networking
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Highly motivated, ambitious and constantly striving for excellence and success
- Customer focused and knows how to build and maintain relationships (both for account management and up-selling purposes)
- Self-motivation/drive with a work-ethic based on never giving up.
- Results oriented
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience – Desirable:
- Knowledge of the oil and gas, and/or, finance sectors
- Bilingual or multi-lingual – English as primary language and ideally can speaker Chinese and/or Malay.
- Previous Use of Salesforce CRM system
- Understanding of various sales methodologies
Please apply clearly stating your salary expectations, availability & current visa status. We will offer an attractive salary with commission & benefits to the right candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The role is based in Singapore but offers international travel to visit clients and attend other Oil & Gas Council events (both in Asia and beyond) for those that exceed their sales targets.
We represent a fast growing, energetic business that works with the world’s largest and most successful companies.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, or, if you know someone that matches the description please contact Iain Pitt via firstname.lastname@example.org