- Currently General Director of the National Office of Hydrocarbons and Mines
- Previous Minister in charge of Energy, Mines, Water and Environment
- Previous Secretary of State responsible for the mining sector development
- Civil Engineer of Mines from the National Superior School of Mines of Nancy and Doctor Engineer from the national Superior School of Mines of Paris
Civil Engineer of Mines from the National Superior School of Mines of Nancy in 1987, Mrs. Benkhadra is also a Doctor Engineer in mine sciences and techniques (ENSM Paris). She also had management trainings at the University of Columbia in the year 1990.
Her career started in 1982 at the Mines Research and Participation Office (BRPM) where she held several positions of responsibility in the feasibility of mining projects and to manage the portfolio of more than 30 subsidiaries of the previous BRPM.
In 1994, she was appointed Director of Mines at the Ministry in charge of Energy, Mines, then Secretary of State in charge of mining sector development (1997-1998). As such, Mrs. Benkhadra led and supervised the implementation of a new strategy for the mining sector development
She became Director of the BRPM in 1998, then General Director of the National Office of Oil Research and Exploitation “ONAREP” (August2000 – November 2003), before getting appointed as a General Director of the National Office of Hydrocarbons and Mines (ONHYM) on the 11th of November 2003, where she contributed to the reform of the previous ONAREP by implementing a policy of exploration promotion. She supervised the creation project of ONHYM, merger of the previous BRPM and ONAREP and conducted the new organization and strategy.
In October 2007, she was appointed as a Minister in charge of Energy, Mines, Water and Environment. As such, Mrs. Benkhadra led new energy, water and the environment strategies in conformity with the vision of His Majesty the King Mohamed VI, by the launch of many programs, particularly in the renewable energies field and the enactment of new laws and decrees.
- President of the Mineral Industry Federation (FDIM) (2000 – 2009)
- Member of the Bou Regreg Association
- Member of the Moroccan Association of Research and Development
- Vice-President of the Mines Engineers Association of Paris – Nancy – St Etienne
- Vice-President of the National Choeur of Morocco (Classic music and singing)
Awards: Prize for Arab-European organization for environment-Legion of Honour of France
T: +44 20 7384 8056
69-71 Fulham High Street
T: +65 6590 3978
78 Shenton Way
Houston - USA
T: +1 713 353 4633
Two Allen Center, 1200 Smith Street, Floor 16, Suite 6061
Houston, TX, 77002
Lagos - Nigeria
T: +44 787 550 6366
No. 92 Oduduwa Crescent,
+27 21 001 3884
Corner Main Rd & Dean Street