Getenergy Global 2017, to be held between 7th-9th May at the Business Design Centre, London, is the event that connects the oil & gas industry, governments and education & Training to support the localisation of operations and efficiency drive in business wide learning and devlopment.
After 13 years in education and training for the oil/gas business, Getenergy is uniquely positioned to deliver a forum where meaningful discussions and partnerships can be advanced around localisation agendas built on strong local supply chains, local education systems and government capacity.
In this low oil price environment, we see a greater alignment between the interests of IOCs & Governments to maintain value in the economy and utilise a capable, local supply chain and skilled local workforce, and to this end, the aim of the 2017 Getenergy Global event is to:
- Enable governments, industry and education to develop partnerships that will help them achieve sustainable, long term benefits for society and the wider economy.
- Build capacity of Governments to create effective policies for social contracts which support IOC & Government alignment in a low oil price environment; avoiding the trap of unintended consequences by better aligning policy development with the realities of international business.
- To be the marketplace for universities, training institutions, governments & industry to connect and share practical approaches to enabling a capable local workforce and develop meaningful, lasting partnerships.
- Interactive and collaborative workshops will set out to determine ways in which the more effective localisation of operations can be achieved, founded on education and training strategies.
- Leaders from industry, education and Government will share lessons learned, new initiatives and opportunities for future partnerships.
The 10th Annual Getenergy Awards ceremony will be held in London on Monday May 8th and will celebrate excellence in education and training for the oil and gas industry across several categories. Last year, the Awards attracted more interest than ever before with over 15,000 votes cast by educators, industry experts, policy makers and others involved education and skills development for the global oil and gas sector.
The results reflect both the quality and the diversity of education and training provision across the sector with each of the nominees demonstrating truly outstanding work.
- Education and Training Provider of the Year
This award goes to the college, company or university who has consistently developed and delivered industry leading programmes.
Winner in 2016: PETRONAS INSTEP
- Learning at the Core
This award goes to the oil, gas or service company that has shown the greatest commitment to learning, training and development of its workforce over the past 12 months.
Winner in 2016: Pertamina Corporate University
- Education Partnership 2017
This award recognises a partnership between an oil/gas company and a university or college which, in the opinion of the judges, shows most promise.
Winner in 2016: Aramco Overseas Company UK Ltd and Cranfield University
- Localisation Award
This award recognises the contribution of a company in supporting local education and supply chain capacity building.
Winner in 2016: NExT, Schlumberger
- SME Training Provider of the Year
This award goes to the SME who, has consistently developed and delivered industry leading training programmes.
Winner in 2016: HOT Engineering GmBH
- Learning Technology Award
This award recognises the leading innovation in learning technologies for the oil and gas industry.
Winner in 2016: Siemens AG
T: +44 20 7384 8056
69-71 Fulham High Street
T: +65 6590 3978
78 Shenton Way
Houston - USA
T: +1 713 353 4633
Two Allen Center, 1200 Smith Street, Floor 16, Suite 6061
Houston, TX, 77002
Lagos - Nigeria
T: +44 787 550 6366
No. 92 Oduduwa Crescent,
+27 21 001 3884
Corner Main Rd & Dean Street