Day 1 2017
Tuesday 13th June 2017 | The Westin, Paris
7.30-9.00: Registration & Networking Coffee
08:00: Opening Remarks by Iain Pitt, CEO, Oil & Gas Council
08.10-09.00: Breakfast Briefing Hosted by the Government of the Canary Islands
09:00-10:00: Beyond The Downturn: Revised Business Strategies, Regaining Market Share & Competitiveness & Future Investment And Divestment Opportunities
- Which innovative business strategies have producers adopted for the downturn and how are you now positioned to capitalise on new investment opportunities and core areas of growth?
- Will the cost cutting strategy era continue as long as the oil price stays below $60 or has the market adjusted to the new lower price?
- What are the long-term effects of cost cutting through redundancies and reduced training? - Is the next generation losing out?
- What future investment opportunities are available? How are companies making the current environment work for them?
- To what extent has there been a divestment of interests from oil and gas to the growing power and alternative energy sources in Africa?
Guy Maurice, SVP Africa, Total E&P
Jasper Peijs, VP Exploration, Africa, BP
Jonathan Peachey, Vice President Exploration Portfolio & New Business, Shell
Tracey Henderson, VP Exploration, Kosmos
Akshai Fofaria, Partner, Pinsent Mason
10:00-11:00: Beyond Lip Service: Addressing The Barriers Standing In the Way Of Effective Industry Collaboration
- How can stakeholders across the value chain pragmatically collaborate to make the low oil price profitable for all?
- To what extent are partners working together differently in order to ensure cost reduction, efficiency gains and new value creation?
- What place do partnerships between public and private stakeholders have in the new lower for longer climate?
- How can operating and service companies ensure greater value and benefit from their JVs/ PSCs/PSAs?
Speaker TBC, Schlumberger
11.00-11.45: Networking Morning Coffee
11:45-12:00: Presentation from the Government of the Canary Islands
Pablo Martin Carbajal, General Director for Africa Affairs, Government of Canary Island
German Suarez Calvo, Deputy Chairman, Astican & Astander Shipyards
12.00-13.00: East vs West: Charting The Changing Face of Energy in Africa
- Highlighting the vision of the future of the energy sector in Africa from coast to coast
- To what extent has the 'Africa Rising' become 'Africa Tilting', in terms of the balance of investment when considering the East and West?
- What lessons can be learnt from the development of oil & gas legislation in the West and power legislation in the East?
- Are we seeing energy companies meaningfully increase their exposure to renewables and if so what has contributed to this shift: the low oil price? COP 21 & 22? Or Government advocacy?
- Where are new energy buyers emerging, how are they changing demand forecasts and what is their impact on the wider energy value chain?
Honourable Minister Dr E Ibe Kachikwu, Minister of State for Petroleum & Mineral Resources, Republic of Nigeria
Carlos Zacarias, Chairman, INP
Mike Aryeety, Chief Operations Officer Exploration & Production, Ghana National Petroleum Corporation
Pablo Martin Carbajal, General Director for Africa Affairs, Government of the Canary Islands
Nina Bowyer, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
13.00-14.00: Networking Lunch
14.00-15.15: Finding The Finance And Investment For Tomorrow’s Energy World: The Big Debate - Debt vs Equity
- What is the funding environment for companies and projects in Africa?
- At what point in the life of a project does debt no longer make sense vs the short-term cash flow that may provide equity returns?
- What exposure do lenders have to underwater projects and can new finance recoup those loses? Is that a dilution of the equity or an addition to the debt?
Fatima Hussain, Managing Director, Oil & Gas Corporate Finance, Standard Chartered
Lance Crist, Global Head of Oil & Gas, IFC/World Bank
Oliver Andrews, Executive Director & Chief Investment Officer, Africa Finance Corporation
15.15-15.45: Networking Afternoon Coffee
15:45-17:00: Corporate Development: Examining M&A Deals Over The Last 12 Months And Assessing The Future Trajectory
15:45-17:00: Examining The Opportunity For Infrastructure Investment To Attain Portfolio Diversification & Better Returns In The Current Market
17:00: Close of Day 1
Day 2 2017
Wednesday 14th June 2017 | The Westin, Paris
08.00-9.00: Registration & Networking Coffee
STREAM A: UPSTREAM
An E&P One Stop Shop: Showcasing Successful Play Types And Potential Future Hotspots
Cath Norman, Managing Director, FAR Limited
STREAM B: GAS / LNG & POWER
From Pipelines To Power Plants: How To Ensure The Profitability And Efficiency Of Power Infrastructure In Africa
Jens Thomassen, Director, Power, Denham Capital
10.30-11.30: Networking Morning Coffee
SPOTLIGHT ON EAST AFRICA
How To Overcome The Traders Catch-22?: An Inability To Win Investment Without Proving Success And An Inability To Achieve Success Without Funding
12.30-13.30: Networking Lunch
SPOTLIGHT ON NORTH AFRICA: New Entrants, New Strategies, New Plays. New Results?
Amina Benkhadra, Director General, ONHYM
Strategies for Maximising Productivity And Profitability Of The Gas To Power Market
14.30-15.00: Afternoon Refreshment Break
Spotlight on West Africa
Cath Norman, Managing Director, FAR Limited
Monetising Gas For An International Market
Ezekiel Adesina, Senior Business & Strategy Analyst, Nigeria LNG Limited
16.00: Close of Assembly
T: +44 20 7384 8056
69-71 Fulham High Street
T: +65 6590 3978
78 Shenton Way
Houston - USA
T: +1 713 353 4633
Two Allen Center, 1200 Smith Street, Floor 16, Suite 6061
Houston, TX, 77002
Lagos - Nigeria
T: +44 787 550 6366
No. 92 Oduduwa Crescent,
+27 21 001 3884
Corner Main Rd & Dean Street